|Monday June 26, 2017 at 8:30pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Helios became disoriented in his dive and surfaced, but found himself in a dark cave. Using an electricity artifact for light, he found his way into a chamber where some sort of robotic automaton was apparently "feeding" human blood to a massive machine. He spoke for a while with the robot .
- Naran chose not to struggle against the man who was threatening her, and instead watched the faces of the growing crowd he was addressing - their expressions seemed to vary between fear, anger, and uncertainy. As his address resolved, someone else grabbed her and put something over her face. She had the vague sensation of splashing into water before she lost consciousness. She later awoke in some sort of air pocket within a small room in a ruined building surrounded by water. After some time, she was visited by a large octopus-like creature that produced another of the strange books - this one overlooking golden spires piercing upward above a sea of clouds - offering her a means of escape for a vague "price".
- Piper and Ganthet spoke some more with Seluxii, though her suspicion continued to increase. A few of the townspeople seemed convinced that these outsiders might be able to help their dying village and, on their behalf, Seluxii somewhat-disingenuously asked them if this was so.
- Ronin finally arrived in the village and was greeted with obvious fear by the villagers - parly due to recent events, and partly due to his now-more-monstrous visage. The presence in his mind urged him to react violently, but he fought to refrain. Ronin was able to calm the villagers somewhat and ultimately rejoined his companions - who were shocked to see him alive, and moreso at his somewhat-disturbing change of appearance.
- It was at this moment that a massive, cylindrical craft appeared in the sky above the village projecting a column of bright blue light downward into the streets. Several of the villagers - ones with orange tags like the one on Piper's arm - seemed to think heading toward this light would be a good idea...