- Piper and Ganthet found themselves amidst a murden raid on the village of Urnmoll, also involving a large, crab-like, mechanical contraption smashing its way through the village. The murden were eventually driven off, and the robot, after sustaining some damage, folded itself into a small sphere. The two considered making a break out of town, but decided to stay to see what they could learn.
- Ronin found his way out of the cave he and his friends had originally entered and decided to continue through the mountains toward the village. On his way, he began to perceive a beckoning presence which led him to a small, glowing cave. Upon seeing his reflection in a pool, he became aware that he was no longer alone in his head.
- Helios and Naran fought with the aquatic predators, attempting to drive them off. Naran found her way into one of the boats and was brought back to the town built on the ruins protruding from the lake, but Helios had dived back into the water in an attempt to find one of the missing villagers. About the time Naran realized Helios had not come back, she was grabbed from behind - and found a knife at her throat...
|Tuesday May 30, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Ronin awoke, alive but debilitated and surrounded by silver insectoid creatures. Over the next day or so, he made his way back out of the ruin, slowly recovering strength. During this time, he noticed that patches of his skin all over his body had been replaced by red scales.
- Ganthet spoke with the apparent leader of the village of Urnmoll, a woman Seluxii. Her suspicion of his activities in the region seemed to increase as he answered her questions with partial-truths.
- Piper spoke with the old woman for a while, learning that the town's water-producing artifact had recently ceased functioning, and that many in town were worried.
- Naran and Helios toppled from their perch above the rushing river when the bird-man from the previous world followed them through into this one, sending all three of them into the river and over a tremendous waterfall.
- Ronin reached the cave in which the group took shelter from the glass storm, and found himself attacked by a black puddle - apparently the remnants of the tentacled creature that had previously harassed them.
- The relative peace of Urnmoll was suddenly disturbed by shouts, screams, and mechanical pounding and whirring coming from one corner. Piper was ambushed by some form of avian humanoid, and Seluxii left Ganthet apparently trapped in a room with a vanishing doorway.
- Naran and Helios found what appeared to be a fishing town built on partiall-submerged ruins in the valley into which they'd been deposited. As they swam for the approaching boats, they were attacked by some sort of aquatic reptile...
- Naran and Helios continued fractured communication with the birdman, who seemed intent upon fixing some part of the inner workings of the tower and/or island, and reacted negatively toward any action they took that might even superficially damage it. Deciding there was nothing remaining for them in that place, they made their way back to the book Naran had previously found, using its viewport to travel to the world on the other side.
- Ganthet and Piper made their way through the ruin to the lowest exit they could find. Waiting till dark, they lowered the power core before descending themselves. Concerned over what the townfolk might say if they were found with the artifact, the two hid it in a cleft of rock nearby. As they approached the only way out of the rocky depression, Ganthet was spotted by the two guardsmen and taken down to the village - Piper followed along behind.
- After Naran and Helios finished their rest, Helios suggested they investigate the bubbling pool which he found to be breathable while Naran did not. While Naran spent some more time investigating the machinery in the hollow of the island, Helios ventured down into the water-filled chambers below where he found what appeared to be a city populated by enormous frog-people. He also met up with the bird-man they'd first encountered, who returned to the chamber with him.
- Ronin, Ganthet, and Piper, meanwhile, attempted to cross the gravity-less chasm with their power-core while avoiding harassment and attack by the vanishing and re-appearing serpent. Unfortunately, their counter-attacks eventually agitated the creature to the point that it disrupted the null gravity field, sending objects plummeting into the chasm. Noticing the signs, Ronin managed to push Piper and the power core to the relative safety of the far wall, but in so doing failed to reach it himself - and fell into the darkness below...
|Monday April 24, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Naran and Helios investigated the top of the tower, where they found an hive of bugs averse to bright lights and some control panels that seemed designed to operate the tower's machinery.
- Piper, Ganthet, and Ronin escaped from several pursuing monstrous centipedes and found some time to rest. Attempting to find their way back out of the ruin, they happened upon a vast chasm which seemed devoid of gravity - and also contained some form of ephemeral, shape-shifting serpent...
|Tuesday April 18, 2017 at 8:30pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Ronin, Piper, and Ganthet found their way up into a chamber containing what they believed to be the complex's power core - the device they had come to retrieve. As they approached it, however, they found themselves confronted by a monstrous, transdimensional, crustacean-like entity guarding and feeding off the power source.
- After Naran's discovery of the portal book, she and Helios decided they should find their way to the top of the tower to try to reactivate the dormant machinery. The managed to open the iris at the top of the underground chamber, granting them access to the tower once more. What they did not notice, however, were the two bird-men lying in wait. The ambush jolted them both with electricity, and caused Helios to fall back onto the platform at the top of the chamber, which began wrenching free of its supports due to the impact.
- The monstrous creature the group had found by the power core began attacking the intruders with its massive claws and spewing a burning, plasma-like substance from its dozen or so eyes. The group used several artifacts and cyphers they'd acquired since entering the complex to fight back, shattering bits of its thick armor and occassionally punching through. Ganthet decided to use the green detonation artifact Polious had given him, which caused a thick and animated forest to suddenly spring up in the area. The aggressive plant growth slowed the creature down, but proved to be more dangerous to the adventurers - especially to Ronin who was moving amongst them - as the group had to contend both with the hostile plants and with the fires set by the crustacean's dripping red-hot plasma.
- While Helios attempted (with some difficulty) to climb back into the tower from the failing support, Naran did her best to fight off the bird-men, trading bright blasts of forceful light with the electrical arcs firing from the avian's energized spears. After Helios managed to re-enter the tower and Naran had incinerated the last of their foes, they looked up at the large vine/tree structure and the crystals growing from it, suspecting that it could be used to gather energy from the world's hot suns if they could figure out how to reactivate it.
- Just as Ronin was stabbed by some sort of poisonous plant which rendered him unconscious, Ganthet's final shots against the monster managed to penetrate the armor under its head. Shrieking, the beast collapsed to the ground, spewing plasma from its eyes - which in turn further ignited the plant matter beneath it.
- Ganthet and Piper darted past the growing flames into the area beneath the power core. Ganthet made some efforts to revive Ronin, but seemed only to make his fallen friend's condition worsen. Acting quickly, Piper successfully connected a power regulator she had constructed to the conduits feeding the power core, and then began the delicate operation of detaching the core from the surrounding eqipment. Unfortunately, the group didn't have time for "delicate". Piper did what she could to prevent any instability due to the disconnect before slicing through the adjoining cables. She held her breath for several moments before the dim blue glow returned and stabilized in the core's interior.
|Monday March 20, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Naran and Helios attempted to communicate with the earnest-seeming bird-man, but were ultimately less than successful. He did lead them to a hidden chamber full of devices he'd gathered but, apparently, had no particular knowledge of. He left by way of a bubbling pool, and the two decided to get some rest.
- Ronin, Piper, and Ganthet continued into the ruin they'd found, soon encountering a vast area overgrown with blue plant growth. The sweet smell of the plants seemed to affect the minds of the party, causing Piper and Ganthet to seek out and activate machinery with visible but indecipherable results. They also encountered several giant centipede-like creatures.
- The bird entities apparently gone, Naran and Helios spent some time exploring the interior of the island and its machinery, eventually finding that some of it seemed to "connect" to a 'portal book'.
- Attempting to outrun their insectoid pursuers, Ronin, Piper, and Ganthet ended up at the top of a large cylindrical vault, where they found another portal book, some arms and armor, and a room that simpily glowed for no obvious reason. At the bottom of the chamber, they found a passage leading deeper into the complex from which they could hear a dull hum, as well as one final vault door smeared with some kind black, pitch-like substance...
|Monday March 13, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- After some brief discussion, it was decided that Helios would follow Naran into the book and the others would continue into the ruin to locate the power core.
- Naran and Helios found themselves on top of a small island about 400 feet above the surface of an unknown ocean. Two suns blazed overhead, making it difficult to see through the brightness. The island contained a tower full of machinery and a strange vine-like plant growing crystals. As they investigated, they were attacked by some group of bird-people with spear-like weapons that projected arcs of electricity. They fled up the tower, but found themselves trapped until another one of the bird-people "flew" them to a large cave-like entrance at the base of the island where they discovered it to be mostly hollow and full of ancient non-functioning machinery.
- Ganthet, Ronin, and Piper continued up into the ruin above the overgrown library. As they made their way through its interior, they encountered some sort of automaton guarding a sealed doorway. Apparently they triggered some condition in its programming, and the machine attacked. The resulting battle battered, burned, and froze the three, but they were ultimately victorious.
|Monday March 6, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Discerning that the tunnel of ferns proceeded in the direction they were attempting to travel before the glass storm hit, and believing that the ferns themselves may indicate the presence of a ruin similar to the one at their home, the group decided to leave the aneen in the cave and follow it.
- The picked their way through the winding tunnel for almost 9 miles, encountering a few caverns (including a large one with a tree and clouds) and several other passages. There was a faint, warm breeze blowing through the tunnel - all the tunnels proceeding southwest toward its source were overgrown with purple ferns whereas other passages were not.
- Having pursued these phenomena all the way to its source, the group found part of some kind of buried building, broken and overgrown with the purple ferns itself. One of the chambers had a large hole in the corner of the ceiling, through which various wires and conduits hung loosely which opened into a set over chambers and corridors reminiscent of the "B Dome" they'd explored.
The room they were in seemed to Piper to be some sort of library. Beneath the ferns were shelves containing the remains of many strange, rectangular books. She couldn't read them, but her ability to decipher suggested they described locations in great detail. A few of those in the best shape had window-like screens on their first pages, showing a specific, unfamiliar location. The glowing panels gave odd sensations when you touched them. While attempting to discern some sort of use or a way to "activate" the one of the books, Naran placed her palm over the glowing panel and suddenly vanished. Looking down at where the book fell, Ronin could see his friend standing in the scene depicted through the window...
|Monday February 27, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (2) »|
- The group ran south behind the herd of aneen, fighting their way through the fleeing beasts and the larval worms pursuing them. When the adult worm caught up with them, Piper scarred it with a plasma cypher, but the monster killed one of their pack animals as they attempted to flee. It was Ganthet's "liquid air" artifact that enabled them to finally escape.
- Once in the mountains, the group was beset by a violent storm of glass. The group took shelter in a shallow cave, along with several dozen dog-sized beetles apparently native to the area. During this time, Ganthet fell deeper into the cave, where he found an underground stream, a tentacled monster, and a tunnel lined with the same purple ferns that grow around their home of Arable.
|Monday February 13, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- After treating their wounded aneen as best they could, the group gathered the remainder of thier possessions and set out again. The animal slowed their progress significantly, however, and it was after dark before they reached their destination: the on oasis on their route through the desert.
- As they approached, they noticed two things. The first was a brilliantly-glowing, blue-purple, diamond-shaped object floating above the oasis. The second was the fact that the oasis was occupied by several different groups of people.
- As they refreshed their animals and made their camp for the evening, the group spoke with several of the others there and learned that each of them had a wildly disparate understanding of the surrounding world - to the extent that Naran and Ronin suspected that perhaps the area occupied some confluence of time and/or reality.
- Just before dawn, the diamond-shaped object began to pulse and vibrate. After a few minutes, the object collapsed in on itself - seeming to draw everyone and everything else occupying the oasis into itself before vanishing.
- Observing how much their wounded aneen had slowed their progress and believing speed to be essential, the group voted to use Helious' healing artifact on their injured animal.
- Packed up again, the group continued their westward journey for the next couple of days - approaching the gathering clouds near the looming black mountain range and fighting the oppressive heat.
- As they neared the foothills in the shadow of the jagged mountains of the Black Riage, they happened upon a sizable herd of wild aneen making its way north along the edge of the hills. The clouds above were beginning to arc with purple lightening. The group was still approaching, intending to pass the herd to the south, when an enourmous cragworm erupted from the earth ahead of them, bellowing its hunger...
|Monday February 6, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The group set out to the west, crossing the northwestern region of the Gathmund Scrublands before exiting them into the wide, flat expanse of the desert flat that lie between them and their destination.
- On the second night, the group awoke to suddenly find themselves in a dense forest. Margr fled through their camp and something large was approaching from the north. As they attempted to calm the aneen, a massive bison-like creature emerged from the surrounding trees. It was gushing blood from a wound in its side, making thick red pools wherever it stepped, and the creature held a miniature-sun-like fireball in its mouth which licked flames out toward anything living.
- The group grabbed what supplies they could and attempted to flee, but the aneen Piper and Ronin were riding was panicked and uncooperative. It fell on its side, throwing Ronin off before bolting the opposite direction. Unfortunately, this took it right past one of the lingering margr, which put a nasty slice in its right leg - causing it to fall again and Piper to lose her tenuous grasp on the animal. The giant buffalo plodded onward, seemingly unaware of them.
- Piper and Ronin were able to make short work of the lingering margr still prowling the area, while the others rejoined when the beast had passed. As they gathered their now-blood-covered supplies, the group discussed what should be done with their injured animal.
|Monday January 30, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The group continued their discussion with Polious about their upcoming journey and some of the potential difficulties they may encounter.
- The following day was the third day of the yearly Eves festival - the evening of the big feast and a time for making important announcements about the upcoming year. Among others of various kinds, Polious announced his assistants' journey to a far-away place in order to recover desperately-needed components for the town's faltering artifact. The group enjoyed the feast and spent some time talking to various townsfolk about their upcoming quest.
- After the Eves, the group spent a few days preparing for their journey before heading out. As they left the town, accompanied to its edge by various family, friends, and well-wishers, they noticed that the farmland looked noticeably parched...
|Monday January 16, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Piper, Naran, and Ronin headed down into the guts of the Weathervane while Ganthet and Helios remained with Polious in the control room, attempting to keep things from getting out of hand.
- The three descended into the structure, noting more and more of a strange, acrid-smelling black oil as they made their way toward the inward. Outside the vault itself, a large stream of the stuff poured down the wall over wires and conduits - among which were dozens of eyeless rat-like creatures.
- A couple of townsfolk approached the Weathervane, looking for Polious to address an issue in town involving a strange device, and hostile spreading plant growth. As he was still unable to see and Helios had been more weakened by the day's events, Ganthet was sent to address the problem. He found some sort of artifact producing a thick fog and causing shrub-like plants to grow. When he activated it, the ground began to vibrate violently. He found himself outside of the town by several miles, and watched as large sections of earth some distance to the north rose out of the ground and floated above it.
- Once inside the vault, Piper found the Weathervane's power core and attempted to disconnect it. Unfortunately, this seemed to cause a runaway reaction resulting in the core's explosion. Piper somehow managed to escape the brunt of the blast.
- The explosion of the power core radiated energy throughout the town, instantly burned away the stormclouds, and ultimately resulted in a total blackout as all power drained from the ruin.
- Over the course of the next few weeks, Polious, the others, and the rest of the town attempted to pick up the pieces. Polious managed to cobble together a replacement power source for the Weathervane and once the rain cycle resumed - even though it was irregular and somewhat less than sufficient - the townsfolk began to relax. Polious and the others, however, know that the current arrangement is underpowered and anything but stable.
- A few days later, the Eves festival begins. This is marks the new year in Arable, as well as the first few days of the planting season. The group spends the first day of the celebration with their individual families, spending time together and exchanging gifts. Polious also visits each, giving them gifts of his own.
- The second day of the Eves is a time of planning for the new year. For most, that means talking about what crops to plant in which fields, which animals to breed, and other such things. For Polious and his associates, however, this conversation looks very different. Polious tells them he's learned of yet another ruin similar to Arable and the "B Dome" (which is now known to be a sphere, and is floating about a hundred feed above the ground along with some chunks of nearby landscape). This one is about 10 miles into the mountains of the Black Riage, near a village called Urnmoll. It, reportedly, even shows signs of continuing power. Arable needs a new power core. The Weathervane will not survive without one, and if the Weathervane doesn't survive, the town is doomed. Further, Polious is unable to leave the town - the artifact is too unstable. The others are going to have to do this on their own...
|Monday December 19, 2016 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The group hurried toward town, only to find the north gate held closed by a massive mutated plant. When the group attempted to cut the struggling gate mechanism free, they found that deformed plant also possessed bladed tendrils and often emitted psychic shriek when injured. As the group fought with the plant creature, an errant shot from Ronin deactivated the gate completely and a massive tendril grappled with and ultimately once-more panicked Naran's aneen.
- As the others hacked and burned away at the plant, Helios worked on phasing through the door to assist from the other side. He successfully reached the other side, but not before sustaining further injury to his already battered body and mind. Though significantly debilitated and possessed of only a rudimentary knowledge of the Numenera, he somehow managed to reconfigure the gate's controls to bypass the circuit destroyed by Ronin's arrow and opened the gate.
- The group reunited and reached the malfunctioning Weathervane, but the situation was quickly worsening. Even with help, Polious was unable to stabilize the artifact. His blindness preventing him from doing himself what was quickly becoming obviously necessary, he handed Ronin the key to "the Vault" and sent the group into the guts of Weathervane to shut it down...
|Monday December 5, 2016 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The group decided it would be best to recover the panicked aneen before heading back, but Polious and Helios were in no condition to assist. Being somewhat beat up himself, Ronin volunteered to stay with them while Ganthet, Naran, and Piper pursued the animal.
- The chase led them back up into the forested hills a couple of miles away, where they encountered a giant, fin-shaped ruin and some hostile, hovering automatons n addition to the few hounds pursuing their pack animal.
- Meanwhile, Polious, Helios, and Ronin encountered a strange being completely covered by thick robes except for its large, mechanical eye. The entity babbled in several different languages in addition to the Truth, and spoke seemingly random bits of information or observations before disintegrating before their eyes.
- Naran manged to grab the harness of the panicked aneen, climbed up onto it, and managed to calm it down while Piper and Ganthet fought off the remaining hounds - the automatons having apparently disengaged.
- The group rejoined at their camp - now with all of their animals - and made their way back to town. They were approaching the edge of Arable's farmland when the storm that had been gathering finally unleashed...
- +2 xp
|Monday November 28, 2016 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Seeing the growing agitation in the chance moths, the group began attempting to scramble up the rope. Outside they were confronted by a pack of broken hounds - one of which was massive and seemed to twist and distort as it growled.
- The moths triggered something in the chamber which began causing strange environmental effects. While Ronin climbed the rope, Piper investigated the surrounding machinery and found that shorts in the controls seemed to result in her ability to terraform the immediate area.
- As the group fought off the smaller hounds, the huge one closed and happened to pick out Polious as its first target, grabbing and flinging him aside.
- As the situation with the hounds outside worsened, Polious called for withdrawl. Piper had a more difficult time escaping the ruin as the rope which had been worn on the jagged edge of the hole finally snapped. Ronin threw a rope down to her but wasn't able to tie it off quickly enough and Piper would likely have pulled him in if Ganthet and Naran hadn't come to his aid.
- Polious recovered from his tumble and, seeing the severity of the situation and the massive hound threatening his companions, raised his damaged rifle. The weapon discharged but seemed to overload, radiating explosive energe outward. The great hound was severely burned, but so was Polious - badly enough on his face that he was blinded.
- The group left the site as the hounds fled. They returned to their camp to find that one of their aneen was about half a mile across the plain, being harrassed by a few other broken hounds.
- +2 xp
|Monday November 14, 2016 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Polious activated his transmitter artifact, sending a message to Piper and her companions to join he, Ronin, Naran.
- On their way, Piper, Ganthet, and Helios were ambushed at the top of the descending shaft by abhumans of some sort, apparently living in the bowels of the structure. The creatures were savage, gaunt, and where their faces should have been was only the base of a writhing tentacle.
- While Polious began examining the glowing power-artifact, another trio of the abhumans attacked him, Naran, and Ronin.
- The insuing battles were chaotic, as their assailants attacked in an uncoordinated, frenzied fashion. One of the abhumans attacking Ganthet and his companions activated some sort of gravity cypher, which caused anyone and anything within the shaft itself to become weightless. Another assaulting Naran and the others in the room below activated a cobbled artifact which missed her, sending a bright, white beam into the surrounding structure, exploding several metallic "pods" the group assumed were capacitors of some sort. This seemed to adversely affect the power-artifact, increasing the instability of its already dangerously-overloaded state.
- At Ronin's insistence, Polious set to work attempting to stabilize the pulsing blue power source while the others fought off the remaining attackers. Just as the battle concluded, Polious released the power build-up in the device, sending power out into the ruin. To his dismay, however, the core itself burned out - the pulsing, blue-sun-like glow collapsing in on itself, leaving the cylinder an empty, glass shell.
- The group spent some time gathering components from this room, as they had specifically come for power-distribution parts. When they were finished, they made their way back toward the "entrance" area, noticing that many of the rooms and passages were now lit and active with various buttons, screens, panels, and other, more incomprehensible controls or interfaces. They noted much that could be salvaged and investigated, but time was against them as they suspected more abhumans may be emerging from the depths of the complex.
- At the entrance, they noticed the Chance Moth hive was now very active - flying around the room, feasting on the enegies provided by the newly-supplied power. As they made ready to ascend the rope back out of the complex, they heard the unfortunately-familiar keening of a pack of Broken Hounds from outside - and something very, very large slam into the top of the structure...
- +2 xp
|Monday November 7, 2016 at 7:45pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The group journeyed with Polious to the "B Dome" - a secondary site which seems to be very similar to the structure around which their town of Arable is built. As such, it is a trove of spare parts. They were looking for "crystal fuze couplings" to replace some key components relating to the Weathervane's power distribution, but are always on the lookout for anything else that might either be of use or able to be made into something useful.
- Upon descending into the ruin, Ronin encountered a rather large hive of Chance Moths, attracted to a numenous light Naran had created. At Polious' instruction, the lights were put out and the group carefully moved away from the entrance further into the dark while Naran distracted the hive by illuminating a large metal panel in the opposite direction.
- After a brief discussion in the corridor, the group decided to split up to cover more ground: Helios, Piper, and Ganthet continued down in that direction, while Polious, Naran, and Ronin went back through entrance area and through a partially-open doorway.
- Helios, Piper, and Ganthet found a grassy area in the metal ruin which also contained a large tree with glowing geometric designs on its leaves. It seemed to interact with nearby machinery in some way - affecting the immediately-local plant life and/or weather/environment when they interacted with it. In addition, they discovered a stone chamber full of shelves and charred, rectangular books. Piper found 4 seemingly untouched and took them with her, and discovered at least one of the mostly-burned volumes seemed to have some kind of static charge within it. After investigating the area, Piper set to work disassembling sections of the machinery, salvaging several promising objects before she began inadvertently triggering it.
- Polious, Naran, and Ronin found a large laboratory area. Polious set to work scavenging the equipment for useable parts while Ronin and Naran looked around the room. Ronin found a bank of large, cylindrical, glass tanks (only one of which was still intact) and Naran soon discovered pools of liquid on the floor and ceiling which were dripping into each other. While she marveled over this, a pseudopod from the lower pool grabbed her, and pulled her up off the ground. Ronin worked to free her and Polious shot the creature with his powerful rifle-like Numenera weapon - which, instead of evaporating it, caused it to harden into a pink-white crystalline material (from which Ronin cut a section to take with them). From there, the three proceeded deeper into the complex. At the bottom of a 170ft shaft, they found a black door behind which hummed some sort of impressive, glowing artifact...
|Monday October 24, 2016 at 8:00pm||new campaign, numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
Finally starting a Numenera campaign! Been waiting for this for two years! Very excited!
The party is a group of young adults from a small town in the Beyond called Arable - a wasteland farming community based around a weather-control artifact. They will begin as assistants to an Aeon Priest called Polious, and tasked with assisting in the maintenance of the Weathervane, scavenging for parts, and generally discovering the Numenera.
- Helios [Tony] is a Stubborn Jack who Exists Partially out of Phase
- Narangerel [Sheri] is an Inquisitive Nano who Possesses a Shard of the Sun
- Piper [Keara] is a Manipulative Spark who Makes Something out of Nothing
- Ronin [Tim] is a Wasteland Jack who Explores Dark Places
- Ganthet [Adam] is a Weird Glaive who Rides the Lightening