|Friday February 16, 2018 at 8:30pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Naran and Helios continued into the darkness of the South Loop. After getting pulled deeper in to the Rustways by a strange current and encountering some massive monsters that seemed to repeatedly appear and disappear, they found their way back to the corridor and on to the Scavengers' Wreck, the more inhabited portion of this dark ruin. There, they eventually found Drokkan, the many they were looking for who they were told found something in the ruins that might be able to transport them elsewhere. Unfortunately, he insisted he was pressed for time at the moment - so the two agreed to go with him to help with whatever he was doing: which turned out to be exploring the remains of a deeping martelling whale settlement...
- Ganthet and Ronin evaded the monstrous metal automaton that emerged from a doorway on the far side of the large chamber they'd decended into when it unexpectedly powered-down. In fact, the entire complex seemed to be powering up and then losing power at regular intervals. Ronin led them further into the ruin where they found various control rooms and eventually a vertical shaft lined with glass pods, some of which contained creatures that had seemingly been grafted with plants. - one of which, a margr, was still alive. The ladder in the shaft gave them access to the hatch at the top, and they emerged back onto the plain above. The aneen Ganthet had left tied up had eventually worn itself out trying to escape, and was now calmly resting.
- An explosion blew out a wall at the top of the tower and sent Piper falling down the stairway into the room below, where Olim was still trying to catch the escaped threviars. The two pursued the darting creatures downstairs, where they apparently repowered an automaton friend of Olim's and then animated a giant pile of junk which began harrying Piper as she continued her search for some sort of containment device. It was about this time that there was a pounding on the front door and a voice demanding that Olim come out. Piper and Olim managed to break apart the junk pile and collect the remaining threviars about the time the door burst open amd one of the Rarmon guards came in and insisted they come with him to speak with the magistrate...
- The company engaged the bandit forces, but it quickly became apparent that fortune wasn't on their side. They established a new set of LZ coordinates with the contingent returning to the site, and made to lift off. The ship's aft suffered structural damage when the bandits detonated the mines that laced the area, but critical systems remained intact and they were able to pull away.
- Aralakh finished their resupply and left Hassad for the Fianna system in Lyran space. On the way, however, they decided to stop at Holt to meet with a potential buyer for their stolen experimental weapons. They realized a little too late they'd been set up, however, and now their forces are split and their dropship is under attack.
- After concluding the mission, the company jumped to Hassad back in FWL space to regroup. Aralakh claimed a Grasshopper, Hatchetman, and Jenner from the pool of salvaged 'mechs recovered from the operation - an impressive haul. They regrouped, repaired, made a couple of new hires, and settled on a fairly well-paying contract in the Lyran Commonwealth as their next op.
|Monday January 22, 2018 at 8:30pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Piper returned to Olim's tower and resumed helping him on his airship restoration. They encountered a large number of mysteriously burned out components related to the man's previous attempts to restore functionality to the craft. As they worked, snakes seemingly composed entirely of electricity leapt out of the craft and began causing havoc with other nearby devices whie the two tried to recapture them...
- While attempting to climb up and out of the opening from which he was dangling, Ronin mistakenly grabbed a vinelike plant and his weight ripped its shallow roots from the structure until it snagged on a piece of machinery. While he climbed the rest of the way down, Ganthet descended into the chamber himself. As they surveyed their surroundings, the blocky tower that jutted up from the center of the chamber lit up and the entire structure began a small but intense vibration. A number of nearby panels powered up, while other areas began to pop and spark with shorting circuits. Ronin noted a number of broad holes that had been punched through the walls of the chamber from outside just before a pounding sound of metal-on-metal began...
- Naran and Helios spent some time speaking with Thuriss and Marna at the now-emptied Great 'Leens tavern before setting out through the city toward the South Loop. The pair's persistence with the guards at the gate eventually yielded results and the door was opened for them - revealing the dark, tunnel-like passage into this newly-opened section of the Rustways...
- Jyun and Orion continued their guerilla tactics against the badly-damaged Capellan remnant, avoiding their biggest guns and pressing each tactical advantage until they were able to disable all of the resisting units. They emerged by no means unscathed, but the job was completed successfully enough to score a followup contract offer from the FWLM (should they choose to continue in its employ), and the salvage haul should be worth it.
|Tuesday January 16, 2018 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Piper awoke and continued attempting to find her way through the caverns and back to the surface. She found a spiraling passage heading downward which led to a chamber full of crystals and eventually a room full of complex machinery. She was confronted by a glowing banner-like entity which asked her a number of questions before asking if she wished to return to the surface. After answering in the affirmative, the next thing she knew she was on the crowded streets of Rarmon with her back to the Obstinate Door.
- Thruird blasted the Great 'Leens with bursts of ice from her mask while panicked bystanders fled. Naran was temporarily frozen to one of the pub's machines and Helios attempted to tackle their assailant and cover her face. The attempt failed, but it did distract her long enough for Naran to free herself and engage the Russet in conversation. The unexpected turn confused the girl enough that she dissipated the mask and left - obviously still angry but no logner violent. In the remains of the bar, the two spoke for some time about how to proceed in finding a way back to the mainland.
- Ganthet waited for Ronin for some time before leaving the power core in a "safe" place and heading north after the herd. As he approached a watering hole next to a cliffside, Ronin found him - now human but covered with smears of blood. The two made their way to the water's edge, where they were greeted mentally by some unseen entity. When they were unable to comply with its requests for a "clearance code", the ground began to shake. Ganthet hopped on a nearby aneen before it bolted away, but Ronin fell into the water and was unable to escape before the bottom fell out of the pool into a massive underground chamber.
- Meanwhile, Drevan hacked his way into the Phoenix Hawk and carry out some of the Lostech weaponry he'd found along with it, but its sensors detected some approaching units. He decided to walk it all the way back to the safety of their dropship, but by the time he returned, he found his powered-down Warhammer being approached by an Orion and a Vindicator. The ensuing firefight was brief but brutal; in the end the Orion was forced to withdraw and Aralakh was able to claim the remaining movable Lostech, as well as report a Vindicator for additional salvage.
- Knowing they are outgunned but not necessarily out-armored, Aralakh adopted a strategy of long range sniping from deep woods positions, hoping to draw the Capellan units to them and gambling that they can eliminate the biggest threats before they get close enough to be a problem. Damage is significant on both sides, and while the Capellan mechs are running hot, they've still got some big guns - and Aralakh's Centurion is feeling the loss of its AC/10.
|Wednesday December 13, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- While trying to trap an aneen to use as a pack animal, something inside Ronin was overcome with hunger. He transformed into an enourmous red serpent and began tearing open the scattering animals. His ravenous feast was interrupted by the sudden arrival of a cragworm, which fought with him for territory - nearly dragging Ganthet off after being greviously injured. Ronin, still a giant snake, pursued the fleeing herd beasts to the northeast while Ganthet recovered.
- Piper was attempting to find her way up and out of the cavernous depths when she encountered a small hive of crab-like creatures seemingly composed of the cast-off junk around her. The brushed them off and eluded their pursuit for some time, before stomping on one that surprised her. It let out a piercing sustained shriek, which awoke something giant behind her in the darkness. Whatever it was bellowed and pounded the walls and floor of the cavern, causing underground earthquakes that nearly buried her.
- Naran and Helios entered the "Great 'Leens" tavern and learned something about the place and its odd games, as well as the city at large and some possible ways back to the surface. The most apparent seemed to be Varealius' craft or a gateway found by a man called Dokkan, but they were also told they could speak with the Deephunters (skeane that know the area outside the city well) and/or consult the Datavault for more information. Their conversations were interrupted, however, when the bartender called for a drinking game and unwittingly insulted a teenaged girl - who then revealed herself as Thruird, the Russet, and began ripping appart the tavern with blasts of ice from her conjured mask...