|Saturday May 2, 2020 at 4:00pm||no thank you evil, wand of the deep, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Hannah: Wizard ("Star")
- Micah: Robot
- Sheri: Spy
- Upon emerging from Marlin's Tower, they saw a bright red boad approaching the dock - empty apart from the pelican they'd seen earlier perched on it. Star and Sheri got into the boat, while Micah jumped into the water and walked to shore on the seabed.
- The group proceeded through the forest of Into the Closet until they reached the Braggy Crags. About halfway through, they started to hear cries for help above the boastful voices of the crags. They found an alien creature being captured by a trio of Sawtooth Witches and Buglar guards. After a bit of sneaking and pummeling of the guards, the group freed the alien Gronk, for which he thanked them.
- The group finally reached The Hive sometime later, and talked/threatened their way inside to see Woodlyn, the bee queen. Woodlyn directed them to their "bibliograbee" Mystaa, who was head of their library. Mystaa wasn't very cooperative, but they eventually convinced her to let them borrow the Leafsicon if they could acquire the Kitchen Witch's copy of 'Ally Alchemist's Cookbook'...
|Sunday April 26, 2020 at 4:00pm||new campaign, no thank you evil, wand of the deep, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
System: No Thank You Evil
Setting: Storia: The Land Next Door
Players: Sheri, Hannah, Micah
Schedule: Occasional weekend afternoons
Since Hannah has been talking about wanting to play again lately, I decided to start a No Thank You Evil campaign for the whole family. Micah's only 4, but he did pretty well his first time - and everyone had a lot of fun. The way I run NTYE has morphed a bit over time. Overall the system and setting are fantastic, but I've started stripping out things here and there that I think adds a bit of "clutter" - at least for our us.
- Hannah: a Pirate named Crystal
- Micah: a Pirate
- Sheri: a Wizard
The group appeared on a rocky beach near a sunken tower. They heard a voice from the tower beckoning them inside. Down the beach they found a rowboat to reach the tower, but had to fight off some giant, crab-shaped Animal Crackers to get it. They were also chased by a Crackin' on their way to the tower, but managed to get to the dock before it destroyed their boat.
- Inside, they met Marlin - the fish wizard. He told them he needed their help to find a magical artifact called the Wand of the Deep. It was somewhere in Storia, but he hadn't been able to find out where. He asked them to go to the forest of Big Blue where all of Storia's history is written, to see if they could find its last known location.
- Unfortunately, everything written in Big Blue is in the Language of Leaves. Before they could read anything in Big Blue, they would need a Leafsicon to translate. Marlin didn't have one, but thought queen Woodlyn might - so he suggested they start there. He also said he had some things in a chest upstairs they could have before they left.
|Thursday March 12, 2020 at 9:00pm||blades in the dark, black foxes, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The Foxes met up with Boros and the rooks who'd been waiting nearby; they joined the group while Drave went to investigate the reports they'd gotten about their hideout in the Coalridge mine. As they entered Doan's to get rid of the bouncers, they immediately found themselves under attack. Thane and Asp were able to recover from the ambush and chose to engage their attackers with demands. While Boros restrained one of them, Asp demanded that the other take his friend and leave - that this was their place now. Clearly outnumbered and off-balance, the two bouncers retreated without a fight.
- The Black Foxes are growing in strength and reputation, and are close to ending this war with the Stone Club. Time is running out on some of their obligations, however, and Drave has now discovered that their hideout is currently unusably haunted by the Ghost of Lord Weirin...
- Taryn once again found himself in his recurring dream of a card game between himself, his patron Olidammara, and an entity he is sure was a representation of death. As the game progressed, Taryn began to fair better, ultimately playing cards that ended the game in flames. All that remained was a single, glowing crystal. As he tossed Taryn the crystal, Olidamarra once again told him that he had, in fact, done all he could for him - but his tone this time was more bemused than grave.
- The group met downstairs for breakfast and discussed how to proceed. They talked with a halfling called Landon a bit about some oddities of the local plant and animal life, and asked Baillin where they might be able to find the elders. The group made their way to the elders' house among the reeds on the western edge of town. As they approached, they saw a pair of figures standing just outside the building: one was a black haired elf, and the other was a young girl in a tattered dress - a girl whom Lily amazingly recognized as a cousin who only would have been 3 or 4 when their family's caravan had been attacked by slavers almost 12 years ago...
- The group headed to the Night Drive club in the Neon Green to find Victor Malstrick, trying to get more info on the corporate string-pulling that seemed to be going on and to figure out how he fit into all of it. After talking their way inside, they managed to find him through a woman called Lilith. Victor told them he would tell them where they could find Balthazar - one of the former Aethercorp execs - in exchange for doing a job for him (and in addition to the 500k payoff), and they agreed. They would need to plant an object and some data inside the HQ of a corp called Corvin-Systova.
- The next day, they met with the DCPD, who'd contacted them again via their ghost card. The man who met them told them he was there on behalf of Sgt Kyotu (whom they knew). The job he was sending them on was a bounty - they were after a man called Alexandre Makarta, a mid-level Proto-Nine executive. They were offering 200k.
- V was contacted again by Rory, who gave him a datadrive from the Proto-Nine messaging system that might contain recoverable messages between high-level P9 execs. He also told V that P9 was raided and that it's collapse was imminent. He tried to extract the deleted data, but found with the tools he had available, it was going to take a significant amount of time.
- After meeting with Victor again to pickup up the package, the group made their way toward the Corvin-Systova HQ. Just as they were putting their plan of infiltration into action, Sara received a mental contact from the girl she believed was behind the psychic shrieking she had experienced - this time, however, the contact seemed delibrate and contained some context clue as to her location...
|Thursday February 20, 2020 at 9:00pm||blades in the dark, black foxes, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The crew's efforts to sway Merson away from his association with their rivals continued to grow shakey as the evening continued. Having set up the groundwork as being a local doctor with connections, Thane made a desperate bid push Merson to agree to a future meeting at his office. The aggressive "invitation" fell flat, however - though it attracted some attention from the Bluecoat, Cork, who was also at the table.
- As Thane was leaving the table, the ghost of a well-dressed gentleman appeared at the table and sat down. Drave used his Attuning abilities to interact with the spectre, and learned that it wanted to join the game. Seeing an opportunity in the fact that no one else could hear anything the Ghost was actually saying, Drave leaned into Merson and suggested that the Ghost was there for them - and that he could protect them from it in exchange for some measure of Merson's loyalty. Merson agreed, but they Foxes would need to rid of the Stone Club's "bouncers" at Doan's bar first...
- Meanwhile, outside, the Stone Clubs gang had made a show of force against the Foxes by way of cornering Thane. He was able to stand his ground, however, and a nearby Bluecoat presence might have played a role in the leader's decision to simply re-state his threat instead of escalating the encounter.
- The group discussed for some time exactly what to do next, even using a Divination spell to try to determine the best way forward. They ultimately decided they would use their lyre to repair the city's fractured wall, and then head southeast to the fishing village of Tonler looking for info on the Osada Forest and the secluded elven settlement said to be there.
- Despite evidence of orc raiding on their way down, they found the village of Tonler still mostly at peace. Guards did keep watch on the palisades for orc activity, but they hadn't experienced any direct attacks - though they do suspect an overdue caravan may have fallen victim to them.
- Most of the few that they talked to in the village seemed wary of the forest to the south, and were generally less-than-eager to talk about it. The one elf they encountered told them of the locals' superstition and that he had spent some time in the forest and did find it a little..."off". While he didn't have much specific information on the elven settlement, he did mention that, despite their denials, the two elders of the town were commonly rumored to be from it.
- As the assault continued, Mjolnir destroyed the remaining turret and breached the perimeter wall in two places. The Vindicator, Clint, and light tanks on the other side managed to land some respectable hits - including a worrisome headshot on the company's Shadow Hawk - but it is becoming pretty clear that they are likely insufficient to repel the assailants. Two helicopters arrived on-scene are providing some additional threat, but the last exchange fell pretty decidedly in Mjolnir's favor.
- While V went to meet with Marion Plaskov to inquire further about the Watchful, Kendra, Mario and Sara went to meet their employer and make the delivery. This went without incident: their contact, Hwan Byeong, was impressed with their performance and the group walked away with another 80k along with the suggestion that future contracts might be considered.
- V wasn't able to get much out of Plaskov other than the fact that he'd been hired by someone to hit the armored van. He was hesistant to mention the Watchful or any of their activities. He implied that they might be able to speak more freely in a legal environment, and V gave him his contact information so that this might be arranged.
- V was contacted by his old coworker Rory who had become aware of the disarray in the Proto-Nine HQ. He wanted to know if V knew anything about it, and the two talked a little about what the group had seen when they broke into the facility. V offered Rory some pay to stay at P9, do some prying, and report on anything he might be able to find out about what had been happening.
- Delpub was airing more news on "monster" sitings as well as Corvin-Systova's rebuttal to Ullertech's assertions that they were behind the incidents.
- Sara tried again to contact whatever disturbed mind was sending out the psychic shrieking she and other members of Delphi had perceived. The target seemed to be a child, probably a girl between the ages of 9 and 13. While solid contact proved elusive, she was able to send a simple telepathic message asking "what did you lose?". She was met immediately with a mental shout showing a man and a woman, whom Sara suspects might be the girl's parents. Calling V over, she shared their images with him and asked if he could find anything about them. Initial searches, however, turned up nothing. A few days later, she was able to contact the girl again - this time while she was asleep. From the disorienting dream-mind, Sara was able to extract her name: Ryma Forsben.
- The group received another message on their ghost card for another meeting...
|Thursday February 6, 2020 at 8:30pm||blades in the dark, black foxes, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
Asp [Taylor] : Slide
- Drave and Thane made their way into the black fog within the tavern, searching for the gathering they'd been told about. Unfortunately, they quickly became disoriented and lost, encountering a coin-laden ghost and a spectral door in a back corner of the establishment. Drave attempted to interact with the ghost, but managed only to upset the being, which began to deform and emit a deafening howl.
- The two slipped away back into the fog and were about to give up their search when a voice greeted them - telling them it could aid their search in exchange for something. Thane found himself unable to turn and look at the speaker, but Drave managed to resist the compulsion and turned to find an enormouse spider probing its forlegs into Thane's brain. Drained of further resolve, he wasn't able to tell his companion about what was happening. Thane agreed to a trade, and the spider planted the knowledge of Merson's location in his mind before retreating into the darkness above.
- Drave and Thane found the card game where Merson was present with two men and two women - and shortly joined by a Bluecoat called Cork who told them if they wanted to talk, they had to play.
- The two were dealt in and began their talk about the Stone Club's immenent demise - speaking to no one in particular, but hoping to plant seeds of doubt in Merson's mind. One of the others at the table - a woman called Asp - seemed to be trying to aid in this effort by asking questions and verbally underlining certain details...