|Friday March 11, 2011 at 7:00pm||d&d, sandstorm, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The party calls for Rynbel and requests that she visit the Vigilants' HQ and attempt to find out what was going on.
- The rest of the party head down to the Temple of the Stars. After knocking on the door but getting no answer, Tisroc causes the sound of bells to erupt inside the temple until the door is finally opened.
- The high priestess denies any knowledge of anything occuring in the tunnels involving her brothers, sisters or followers.
- The party returned to the Sandstone Tower where Honch asked them what they would do about the giant. The group asked him to explain or elaborate on what the giant was or what he meant, but he didn't seem able to.
- The group gathered their gear and headed down through the city.
- About halfway down, the group encountered a rioting mob of individuals who seemed to be moving upward through the streets, burning structures as they went.
- The group avoided the mob as best they could until they encountered a group burning down a house and yelling angrily at the man inside.
- The group decided to intervene. Glitched battered some of the men with his shovel. Alina attempted to douse some of them with water, but found that conjuring it had become very difficult. Ultimately, they were driven off after Tisroc wandered into their midst and shot fire from his hands into the sky, which was more than sufficient to scatter them.
- The party continued and eventually encountered what Honch must have referred to as "the giant". It was a massive, 50-foot-tall woman. She glowed with a faint light and was blindfolded with a strip of cloth in the center of which was a glowing rune. She was gracefully but randomly weilding a massive halberd and wherever it struck a building, the stone and wood exploded in a shower of debris.
- The group decided the giant needed to be stopped.
- Tisroc and Alina decided that it might be some kind of summoned or conjured being and that perhaps the blindfold was some form of anchor. Tisroc gave Glitch the rapier they'd taken from Naglish's body, and he teleported up to the giant's shoulder. He started to fall, but as he did he managed to cut the blindfold which fell from the giant's face.
- The giant's eyes were glowing white orbs. Her expression became angry and her voice boomed "you are all guilty!" Beams of light seared from her eyes to the city streets and buildings, exploding stone and wood wherever she looked.
- Tisroc reacted by conjuring a blasting wave of sand which he directed at the giant. The sand pierced her glowing eyes. As she stumbled and attempted to wipe the grit from them, she began to fade into nothingness saying "you have all betrayed me; my people, my world, have forsaken me"
- The party continued to the Tunnels where they encountered the horror Tovi had told them about - the bodies of dozens of people littered the ground just inside. Among them were some wearing priestly robes and the purple capes of the Vigilants. However there was something strange about them - Alina was able to determine they had certainly been dead for weeks...