|Saturday August 25, 2012 at 3:00pm||new campaign, savage worlds, savage seas, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
[Sheri] Clara "Breeze" - Wind's Wings crew, sea singer
[Tony] Lucas - Ex-priate, Wind's Wings conscript
[Adam] "Zatara" - Castaway, amnesiac
- the party aboard the Wind's Wings (captain William Collette) was ~3 days ahead of the rest of the expedition. The ship was just arriving at Basnet, an island fishing village and the western-most point of the commonly-travelled sea. This was the last stop in the known world before the expedition was to head into the western sea.
- it was a bit after sunset, and the captain sent the group ashore to ask get the harbormaster's permission to moore the next day, as well as to speak with the local authority about the arrival of the rest of the expedition and to ask about the availability of provisions for the expedition's resupply.
- on their way into the village, they encountered a nearly-capsized fishing ketch. They helped the three crewman right the vessel, though there seemed to be something more to the situation than the captain's explanation of a 'freak accident'.
- in the village, the group spoke with the harbormaster and the proprietor of the local tavern. The patrons of the dockside establishment seemed unusually dour, though the bartender explained that many were simply tired of their monotonous. He also steered them toward the town's "inn", which rarely saw customers. The innkeeper and his wife were indeed very happy to see them.
- it was some hours into the night when they were awakened by the sounds of a scuffle in the lobby area of the house-turned-inn. They arrived on the scene just in time to be nearly deafened by the report of a musket being fired indoors. Before the black-powder smoke obsured their vision, they caught a glimpse of a scaley, hunched creature with bat-like ears and a maw full of tiny, pointed teeth...