|Monday January 16, 2017 at 8:00pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Piper, Naran, and Ronin headed down into the guts of the Weathervane while Ganthet and Helios remained with Polious in the control room, attempting to keep things from getting out of hand.
- The three descended into the structure, noting more and more of a strange, acrid-smelling black oil as they made their way toward the inward. Outside the vault itself, a large stream of the stuff poured down the wall over wires and conduits - among which were dozens of eyeless rat-like creatures.
- A couple of townsfolk approached the Weathervane, looking for Polious to address an issue in town involving a strange device, and hostile spreading plant growth. As he was still unable to see and Helios had been more weakened by the day's events, Ganthet was sent to address the problem. He found some sort of artifact producing a thick fog and causing shrub-like plants to grow. When he activated it, the ground began to vibrate violently. He found himself outside of the town by several miles, and watched as large sections of earth some distance to the north rose out of the ground and floated above it.
- Once inside the vault, Piper found the Weathervane's power core and attempted to disconnect it. Unfortunately, this seemed to cause a runaway reaction resulting in the core's explosion. Piper somehow managed to escape the brunt of the blast.
- The explosion of the power core radiated energy throughout the town, instantly burned away the stormclouds, and ultimately resulted in a total blackout as all power drained from the ruin.
- Over the course of the next few weeks, Polious, the others, and the rest of the town attempted to pick up the pieces. Polious managed to cobble together a replacement power source for the Weathervane and once the rain cycle resumed - even though it was irregular and somewhat less than sufficient - the townsfolk began to relax. Polious and the others, however, know that the current arrangement is underpowered and anything but stable.
- A few days later, the Eves festival begins. This is marks the new year in Arable, as well as the first few days of the planting season. The group spends the first day of the celebration with their individual families, spending time together and exchanging gifts. Polious also visits each, giving them gifts of his own.
- The second day of the Eves is a time of planning for the new year. For most, that means talking about what crops to plant in which fields, which animals to breed, and other such things. For Polious and his associates, however, this conversation looks very different. Polious tells them he's learned of yet another ruin similar to Arable and the "B Dome" (which is now known to be a sphere, and is floating about a hundred feed above the ground along with some chunks of nearby landscape). This one is about 10 miles into the mountains of the Black Riage, near a village called Urnmoll. It, reportedly, even shows signs of continuing power. Arable needs a new power core. The Weathervane will not survive without one, and if the Weathervane doesn't survive, the town is doomed. Further, Polious is unable to leave the town - the artifact is too unstable. The others are going to have to do this on their own...