|Tuesday July 24, 2018 at 8:30pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Pursued by a patrol of margr, Ronin, Ganthet, and the others scatter into the rugged landscape, forcing the enemies to split up and losing some of them in the process. A few isolated skirmishes resulted, with somewhat varied outcomes.
- Ganthet and Kelon regrouped and decided that something must be done about the greater tribe. Neither had a solid plan, so they decided to go for the desperate one that seemed to have the best chance of doing some good: if they could release and prod the juvenile cragworms, the beasts might be able to do enough damage to significantly weaken the horde.
- Ronin had a brief fight with the one margr chasing him and made his way to a nearby skirmish where he found Ravri being attacked by several - including an obvious leader. The fight took a toll on them both, but with some good fortune they take out the big guy and took off before too many more could arrive. Deciding that the game is up, they also made their way back toward the encampment - Ronin decided that freeing the cragworms they'd seen earlier was their best bet at keeping the tribe from attacking Arable, though Ravri seemed dubious.
- Meanwhile, Naran and Helios were attacked by another patrol as they wandered unknowingly into the margr's territory. They fought off their attackers, but lost their pack animal in the process. Gathering the remaining supplies, they continued on their way - only to stumble upon the encampment from above.
- As Ronin and Ravri made their way around the camp from the north, Ronin caught sight of Ganthet sneaking in and cutting the ropes tying the beasts down. Noticing another group of margr approaching the area, he fired his red-polyp numenera weapon into their midst, creating confusion and buying his companions some time. Taking note of the effectiveness of the tactic, he maneuvered into a different position and fired again into the camp as Ravri moved off in another direction.
- Above, Naran and Helios spotted a patrol heading their way. Naran made herself invisible and teleported to the far side of the patrol in a bright flash of light, startling and disorienting them.
- Ganthet and Kelon managed to cut the cables on the worms without being seen, and the most agitated of them lunged into the camp, devouring whatever margr it came across. As he carefully pulled back into the shadows at the edge of the camp, Helios, who had been watching the scene from above, recognized his brother.
- Ronin took notice of the figures in spikes investigating the chaos happening in the camp with a bit more focus than their abhuman counterparts. As one moved closer to his position, he saw Ravri, all but in the open, creeping up behind it with her knife drawn...