|Tuesday September 25, 2018 at 8:15pm||numenera, mysts of the ninth world, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Naran and Piper headed back to town, where they found that the ruin surrounding their settlement seemed to have "energized" in some way. Polious was reporting that output levels for the Weathervane were averaging around 120% - up from about the 30-40% of the preceding weeks - but that the system was increasingly unstable.
- Piper resumed work on the devices the group needed to address the problem and was able to finish them over the next several hours.
- Ronin, Ganthet, and Helios made their way through the night back to Arable, having a brief encounter with a strange, hovering eye covered in voluminous robes. It seemed to have "left" something for them - a component that turned out to be *exactly* what Piper needed to finish the devices she was working on.
- After resting up, the group headed once more into the corridors below the Weathervane - searching for the epicenter of the dimensional-void they had been encountering. Using the 'detector' Piper had made, they found their way deep into the ruin, through large sections that seemed to be "missing", and ultimately onto a long, twisting set of catwalks extending out into seeming nothingness.
- Eventually, the pathway led them to a large spherical chamber - from the outside closely resembling the control room they had just scavenged in the B Dome - but the inside was covered in luminous purple ferns. As they made their way through it, Ronin began to suspect that they were being watched - just before they found themselves under attack by shadowy beast that seemed to materialize from a cloud of black smoke...