Cyrran Reaches: The Silent Keep pt. I
|Tuesday November 27, 2018 at 8:30pm||d&d, cyrran reaches, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Having discussed their next move, the party made plans to seek out the keep called Ver'Sheole: if Many Eyes, Many Teeth had interest in the location, they wanted to reach it before the cult did.
- They consulted with Tyless Vallane again about what the House Vallane Adventurers' Guild knew about Ver'Sheole, which, unfortunately, wasn't much. It was an elven keep located in a pass up in the Elmhine Mountains that has long been abandoned. An old "road" leading up and out of the Navlin Forest should take you to the keep if you can find it.
- Tyless was a bit more help in planning their route, however, knowing more about the Reaches than any in the party. He told them the fastest way would likely be to go north through the town of Blosam and then east to the Navlin Forest and the mountains, but, he said, if they took a slightly longer route through Fort Kelsguard, they might be able to find useful information in its library. Feeling like they might need more info to find the place, they opted for the latter option.
- On the way to Kelsguard, the party found the remains of a wagon and the bodies of two men apparently attacked by orcs. Tyrrox happened to notice a letter among the tattered clothing of one of the men - it was addressed to the constable at Rolessi and detailed a call for help from Fort Kelsguard, saying that the keep had cut itself off from the village outside and that they suspected their paranoid ruler had finally gone mad.
- They arrived at the village of Kelsguard just after dusk and made their way to the only establishment that seemed to contain any activity - a reasonably-sized inn called Darkpine run by a somewhat cantankerous woman by the name of Helia Twill. Lily did a good job of presenting the party to the suspicious strangers in the best possible light, but while Helia did tell them that something was certainly wrong, she refused to go into any detail. Instead, she told them that if they wanted to find out what was going on, they needed to go to the keep and look for themselves...