|Friday July 26, 2019 at 8:00pm||new campaign, savage worlds, delcron 2282, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
System: Savage Worlds
Setting: Delcron City
Players: Sheri, Taylor, Dave, Stephen
Schedule: Every Few Fridays
This game was started on Stephen's suggestion, and Taylor and Dave were really interested in getting to play something. After some voting, we settled on a cyberpunk-style game using the Savage Worlds system. I'm using a portion of one of my homebrew settings for this game.
Template: The party are a group of friends who have been taking jobs as private investigators and bounty hunters for the last year or so, and it's proving lucrative - or, at least, more lucrative than their crappy jobs.
- Sara [Sheri] :: a medic and emergent Empath
- Mario [Dave] :: an asteroid miner and pub bouncer
- Kendra [Taylor] :: a mechanic who runs a junk shop
- "V" [Stephen] :: a hacker now wanted by his former employer
Opening Session Highlights:
The crew got a message from their contact at the DCPD about a possible job. When they met up with sgt. Askara Kyotu at the usual place (an abandoned pier in the Old Harbor district), they were told about an armored car holdup. Three attackers, one of whom apparently killed the other two and was injured and on the run. They'd ID'd the man as Marrion Plaskov, a corp-worker in his late 40s who'd been let go about 15 months previous. The PD had gotten a tip about a man matching the description at a place called "Hotwired 6" in the Neon district near Res II. Askara told them bringing him in would be worth 20k to them.
- The group went to the bar, which was crowded and loud. They looked and asked around a bit, eventually talking to a couple of thugs who subsequently attacked them in the street outside. After Kendra took a wrench to one of their heads and Sara paralyzed the other with indecision, they learned that the group's target had paid them to "take care of" anyone asking questions about him. The thug told them the man indicated he would be back to the bar, and then fled down a back alley.