Delcron 2282: Exchange
|Friday August 30, 2019 at 8:30pm||savage worlds, delcron 2282, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Concerned about a double-cross from Justin, the group hurried back upstairs. There they did indeed find someone with a gun in the room with Plaskov, but it wasn't the thug - it was Rory, a former coworker V knew from his days at Proto-Nine. V and Mario were able to talk him down enough to pass on what they knew about Justin and the case he had taken, at which point Rory bolted out of the room, apparently in pursuit. Unsure exactly of what was going on, the group kept tabs on the room until the police arrived - just to make sure no one else came in trying to do something with their target.
- They met up with Sgt. Askara again the following morning. She told them their pay would be on the card, but commented that there were a few details of the case that didn't make any sense. For one, Dynamics (the primary financial corp of the city) hadn't said word one about the missing cash. Also, they'd had an odd call from someone at Proto-Nine asking if they recovered any of the company's property when they arrested the perpetrator.
- Meanwhile, V got a response from someone within the hacker collective he'd asked to dig up info on their medic friend, Justin Mills. The contact, a person going by the handle "K-Method", told them there were 16 records for "Justin Mills" in Delcron's personnel database, only two of which were active. None of the 16 looked anything like the medic. The contact said they had additional info, but if he wanted it, V was going to have to do something for them. Namely, he needed to go to a casino in the upscale Marquee district and exchange an ID card for a data stick from a certain man. After some discussion, the group decided they'd make the exchange. V made the card per K-Method's instructions, and the crew bought some fancy clothes and made their way to the White Stag Hotel Casino.
- While Mario made some money gambling, the others set about looking for their mark in the sprawling 4-level gaming hall - eventually finding him among a group of wealthly-looking individuals from the RVR corporation - the single most powerful corp in Delcron City.
- When V gave the man the ID card, he was given a hotel keycard and a room number instead of a datastick, and was advised to 'keep an eye on' a particular man that seemed to be watching their exchange. The group headed into the hotel, pretty sure they were being followed, and made their way up to floor 56 which was undergoing renovations. While the others waited in the cluttered hallway, V found a suitcase in the room containing the datastick and a silenced, high-caliber pistol with a note reading "just in case". About that time, Kendra heard a crashing sound of something coming up behind them...