Delcron 2282: Getting What They're After
|Friday January 24, 2020 at 8:00pm||savage worlds, delcron 2282, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Kendra & Mario did their best to avoid the camera and hotwired their way past the old keypad. Inside they found a debris-filled hallway that appeared to be under construction. There were no stairs to grant access to upper levels, and the only door was on the back side. Finding no obvious way to open the door, the two had V (who was still hacked into the system from the sewers outside) open it for them.
- Inside, they found a much different environment: a clean and brightly-lit corporate research facility. They made their way to the elevators only to be confronted with a heavily armed and armored security guard. Fortunately for them, they got the jump on him and were able to take him out before he could even respond.
- On V's direction, K&M headed up to the 5th floor where the vaults that supposedly contained their target were. Using a backdoor in the security system, V was able to bypass the compex computerized lock on the vault they wanted and opened it. Unfortunately, it was about that time that the corp became aware of his presence in the system and, not too long after that, the fact that there were intruders in the facility. V locked all of the doors, but not before the other security guard made it to their level. She sent out a request for backup, but V had already hijacked their outgoing data connections and her alert was funneled into a black hole. She fired a few bursts of automatic gunfire at K&M, who were saved by their bulletproof vests, and Mario was eventually able to knock her out with his robotic arm.
- Meanwhile, Sara was outside keeping an eye out trouble approaching on the street and also probing for whatever was generating the psychic noise she'd been experiencing. While she wasn't able to make contact with it, she was able to feel its presence just past the edge of her perception. It seemed to be a young mind, a powerful psion, and one not completely in control of its powers.
- K&M grabbed the device they'd come to recover and made their way neatly out of the building. Thanks largely to V's efforts, there was no cavalry coming to make things more difficult for them. The group returned to Kendra's Klunkers to talk about their next move.
- Sara returned to Delphi's offices to speak with Deidre Telns about what she'd learned, and V made his way to the antique shop "Passed Gems" to speak with the Watchful. He gave them the other case they'd swiped from the Proto-Nine HQ and told them he and his friends were interested in bringing down the corrupt corporations...