|Saturday November 13, 2021 at 2:00pm||new campaign, d&d, altea's scepter, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
The kids asked it we could start a new D&D game - so, of course, we obliged. Since it's a bit simpler overall and I'd not run it before, we decided we'd do a 5e game this time.
We finished making characters this afternoon, and got rolling with the game.
- Hope [Hannah] :: Tiefling Sorceror
- Rocky [Micah] :: Wood Elf Ranger
- Ari [Sheri] :: Half-Elf Cleric
- The party made their way toward an area called Simon's Vale, and the far northeaster Braydon Point, pursuing the partial legend of a marvelous artifact called Altea's Scepter. It was apparently owned by a power queen or sun priest and was said to reside in a temple treasury.
- On a tip from some locals in the last village they stopped in, they decided to investigate a hilltop ruin a few miles off the road, said to have been the remains of an ancient temple.
- They found the hilltop covered in webbing, and had to watch their step around some dog-sized spiders. It wasn't until they got inside the ruin that they found the largest spider - a massive, 12' beast in the webs of the main altar room...