Altea's Scepter: A Hostile Wood
|Sunday December 5, 2021 at 2:00pm||d&d, altea's scepter, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- As the ogres moved forward to smash the three adventurers, Rocky moved up to stab one of them with his swords while Ari and Hope engaged it with damaging cantrip spells. One of the ogres reacted to the party's use of magic by pulling a wand from its bag and attempting to use it on them, with no success. The other two ogres took turns clubbing Rocky, eventually knocking him unconscious, but not before taking significant injury themselves. When one of the ogres collapsed, the other two decided to run away.
- After a short rest and recovery, the group decided they would make their way to the graveyard site Sevren had told them about. Heading northwest through the forest as evening settled in, they happened to come upon a logging camp near the edge of the Harkenwood. They enjoyed some stew and conversation before resting for the night.
- The next morning, they were approached by the foreman of the logging operation. She told them that one of the woodcutters had gone missing last night and hadn't returned, and while she believed he was probably just passed out under a tree somewhere, she asked if they might look into it.
- Rocky tracked signs of passage north from where he was last seen, eventually discovering a man's boot that had some blood on it, and a large hunting knife with a green, sap-like substance on the blade. He told the others that there were Blights around, and that he suspected they must have abducted the missing woodcutter.
- The group followed the trail deep into a dark ravine where they found a man wrapped in vines and calling for help - and a number of vine covered creatures emerging from the wood around them...