Salthon Plain: New Threats
|Friday January 20, 2023 at 8:30pm||d&d, salthon plain, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- As the rest of the group began fighting the jackal in the street, Mido ran up and into the inn. Inside, he found more jackals and the tavern area a complete wreck. The jackal there suddenly transformed into a monstrous humanoid-jackal. I tried to grab Mido with its claws, but he slipped out of its reach. Unfortunately, when he met it eyes he passed out and collapsed. Waking in a dark chamber later, he found himself being addressed by someone else. This person told him that they must abandon their expedition or they would all die. There was a flash of light and Mido passed out again - but just before he did, he caught sight of the speaker: a creature with man's torso but the lower body of a great lion.
- Meanwhile, the others entered the inn and killed or drove off the remaining jackals. They found the entire establishment wrecked, and the ominous words "we are watching you" gouged into the floors of their rooms. They searched the inn and the surrounding area, but found no trace of their friend. They helped the innkeeper clean up the place and stayed the night there. Mido turned up around 4am, having awakened in the tunnel between the Hillside district and the Undercroft. He woke them up and relayed what he had "learned".
- In the following days, they sent word to Fyndwhyr at the keep about this new possible threat to the expedition, ultimately deciding they would proceed but warily. Mido, Jaydah, and Carmella all received thier 50% payment advance to prepare for the expedition, and the group decided they would pool and divide the 300gp 4 ways, so as not to leave Kugrash out.
- Kugrash met up with his friend Joccan a couple of times - once to "celebrate" their armwrestling match, and once more.... unplanned. Kugrash questioned Joccan about the jackal creatures, and the man seemed to know something about them - suggesting they were part of a dangerous organization, and that Kugrash would be better off leaving town. The second time they met, Joccan had actually come to find him. The man was wearing a hooded cloak and acting wary. He showed Kugrash a wanted poster of a man called Lethan Stahzer. Joccan told him he believed this man was involved with the expedition or with Fyndwhyr, and was not to be trusted. He offered Kugrash 500gp if he could get Stahzer arrested - or even if he could just "prevent" him from returning to the Plain. No questions asked.
- It was a couple of nights later when the group was awakened n the middle of the night by the keep's alarm bell. Looking outside, they could see a couple of flickering fires further down the hillside, as well as movement in the streets. As well, they could hear the distant din of shouts and commotion - and a tremendous roar from overhead...