Deadlands: Haunted by the Past
|Thursday March 9, 2023 at 8:00pm||deadlands, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- Percy sat down for an ... interesting ... conversation with the Man in the Pinstripe Suit. He prodded the Man about his involvement with the "possessed" young girl. The Man denied having done anything "to" her - or even that he had any control over her ... "condition". He did suggest to a similarity between the girl and Percy's "situation", and seemed to think it odd that Percy would want the girl to be "cured" as though something was "wrong" with her. He did seem confident that the young girl would recover from her wounds, and alluded to her having been greivously injured before.
- The next day the three had a brief conversation with Jesse and George about the coming storm and whether they should wait for the repairs to be finished (which would take another day) or whether they should get the stage now, rig the best job they could, and continue before they were trapped on this side of the river. The group decided they would leave the following morning.
- The three spent this day hiking back out to the Wollart Claim to check on Lisa and Una - and to see if they could find any trace of Mack. Stopping by the cave, they found most of the dead animals hanging from the tree were gone - though the ropers were still present. The only ones remaining seem to have been recently hung. They also noticed that they could not feel the "presence" inside the cave. They found a pack and some firearms, but no sign of Mack. Inside the cave, they found piles of animal bones - and a few human ones.
- Continuing to the claim, they found Una inside the one-room cabin still in bed and breathing lightly but steadily. Kevin offered what blessings and purifications he could, but admitted that the remaining healing would be up to the passage of time. Montana had stepped outside when Lisa came walking around the side of the house. She was startled to see them, but they managed to calm her down and talk a bit. They inadvertently brought up some past traumatic memories about the girl and the family and Lisa eventually began to break down. When they left, she was curled up in the bed, crying next to her sleeping daughter.
- As they left, Montana mentioned that he'd noticed blood on Lisa's apron. Walking around the house where she'd come from, Percy found a dead fox with a length of rope tied around its neck, and several more lengths of rope nearby. Following a path to the top of the hill, he found a small cemetery of sorts with two gravestones - one for Lisa's husband Alexandre, and one for their 12-year-old son John.
- The group returned to town and made ready to leave, making it across the rising ford as the rain began and continuing north toward Howe's Camp and Flagstaff...