Salthon Plain: The Dark Wood
|Friday April 14, 2023 at 8:00pm||d&d, salthon plain, game session notes||Comments (0) »|
- The group met up with a man called Lethan Stahzer - someone Kugrash recognized from a posted one of his drinking buddies hand shown him. He'd been told the man was not to be trusted, and his friends told him they'd give him 500 gold if Stahzer never returned to the city of Erelan - no questions asked.
- Lethan gave them some about what was happening in the forest. He'd seen kobold patrols and found a sizable encampment. Usually this tribe keeps to the Kanath Mountains to the west, but something was emboldening them or bringing them down into the forest. He'd also seen recent gnoll tracks and had a run-in with a nasty giant boar. Worse, ettercaps and spiders have been moving down from the north. The territory was known to him, but they seem to be spreading south, which means the expedition may be moving through more of their territory than previously assumed.
- The group made some discussion of what to do, ultimately deciding to head toward the West Gatekeeper tower both to check it out and to avoid the kobold encampment. As they traveled deeper into the forest, Carmella had the increasing sensation that the forest was full of hatred - hatred for humans specifically.
- As they continued, they began encountering mats of webbing, and some dead things: giant spiders, ettercaps, and a winter wolf. As they neared, they found themselves attacked by ettercaps and giant spiders, which they successfully fought off after a brief skirmish.
- Making it to the ruin of the tower, they were confronted by the ghost of a soldier speaking an unknown language...