- The group met up at the Cup & Hearth in the village of Bhurk and enjoyed a bit of a reunion over a meal. As they discussed their common purpose, Mido informed his friends that there was an issue with the way north toward their destination of Erelan: namely, that the gnoll tribes had become particularly aggressive and were explicitly watching the roadways for targets to waylay.
- Due to the situation, no other traffic was heading north, and while the local Borderguard had sent word for support to address the situation, it was likely a couple of weeks from resolution. As they wished to reach their destination as soon as possible, they decided to take another's advice to head west to the river village of Onara, and then follow the river north through the Nembrill Wood toward the regional capital of Erelan.
|Friday August 19, 2022 at 8:00pm||d&d, salthon plain, game session notes, new campaign||Comments (0) »|
Since our Cyrran Reaches game is having some difficulty meeting these days, we decided to start a new 5e game with a slightly different player group that might be easier to keep going at the moment. We met for a session 0 some weeks ago.
- Jaydah Orez [Sheri] :: human rogue
- Carmela Nailo [Edie] :: elven druid
- Mido Bagu [Tony] :: human wizard
- Kugrash Damaris [Tim] :: half-orc fighter
- The characters had been childhood friends, but had gone their separate ways and hadn't seen each other in many years. Each had seen an adventurous job posting and decided to check it out, This took them to the Salthon Plain, a northern region of their kingdom of Aanashalor known for its harsh climate.
- As they made their way independently to the village of Bhurk, an early-spring blizzard descended suddenly on the region. Kugrash and Carmela were caught in the storm along with a wagon crew Kugrash had been accompanying. Just outside the gates of Bhurk, the group was attacked by snow-white wolves - including one enormous specimen. Soldiers from the settlement came to help them, along with Jaydah and Mido.
- The ensuing fight was rough, but the group survived and made their way into the village...