|Saturday May 2, 2020 at 4:00pm
|no thank you evil, wand of the deep, game session notes
|Comments (0) »
- Hannah: Wizard ("Star")
- Micah: Robot
- Sheri: Spy
- Upon emerging from Marlin's Tower, they saw a bright red boad approaching the dock - empty apart from the pelican they'd seen earlier perched on it. Star and Sheri got into the boat, while Micah jumped into the water and walked to shore on the seabed.
- The group proceeded through the forest of Into the Closet until they reached the Braggy Crags. About halfway through, they started to hear cries for help above the boastful voices of the crags. They found an alien creature being captured by a trio of Sawtooth Witches and Buglar guards. After a bit of sneaking and pummeling of the guards, the group freed the alien Gronk, for which he thanked them.
- The group finally reached The Hive sometime later, and talked/threatened their way inside to see Woodlyn, the bee queen. Woodlyn directed them to their "bibliograbee" Mystaa, who was head of their library. Mystaa wasn't very cooperative, but they eventually convinced her to let them borrow the Leafsicon if they could acquire the Kitchen Witch's copy of 'Ally Alchemist's Cookbook'...
|Sunday April 26, 2020 at 4:00pm
|new campaign, no thank you evil, wand of the deep, game session notes
|Comments (0) »
System: No Thank You Evil
Setting: Storia: The Land Next Door
Players: Sheri, Hannah, Micah
Schedule: Occasional weekend afternoons
Since Hannah has been talking about wanting to play again lately, I decided to start a No Thank You Evil campaign for the whole family. Micah's only 4, but he did pretty well his first time - and everyone had a lot of fun. The way I run NTYE has morphed a bit over time. Overall the system and setting are fantastic, but I've started stripping out things here and there that I think adds a bit of "clutter" - at least for our us.
- Hannah: a Pirate named Crystal
- Micah: a Pirate
- Sheri: a Wizard
The group appeared on a rocky beach near a sunken tower. They heard a voice from the tower beckoning them inside. Down the beach they found a rowboat to reach the tower, but had to fight off some giant, crab-shaped Animal Crackers to get it. They were also chased by a Crackin' on their way to the tower, but managed to get to the dock before it destroyed their boat.
- Inside, they met Marlin - the fish wizard. He told them he needed their help to find a magical artifact called the Wand of the Deep. It was somewhere in Storia, but he hadn't been able to find out where. He asked them to go to the forest of Big Blue where all of Storia's history is written, to see if they could find its last known location.
- Unfortunately, everything written in Big Blue is in the Language of Leaves. Before they could read anything in Big Blue, they would need a Leafsicon to translate. Marlin didn't have one, but thought queen Woodlyn might - so he suggested they start there. He also said he had some things in a chest upstairs they could have before they left.